Every year that I do the chronological yearly Bible study, I get more and more familiar with the scriptures.
One thing that pops out to me as I dig deeper into the scriptures year by year and in my prayer life is the IMPORTANCE of hiding the scriptures in my heart.
It’s something that I was asked to do as a child in Sunday school… and I did it and checked it off my list. However, as an adult, I see the importance of that classic Sunday school task.
When life starts to get crazy and in the moments that my heart is desperately crying out to the Lord, I can hear Him speak to me with the Word of God. The scriptures hidden in my heart come to me in the moments that I need them the most. It’s always a pleasant reminder that God is always there with us. Scriptures hidden in our hearts are also powerful tools during our prayer time.
So, I’ve chosen scriptures that have stuck out to me during the corresponding chronological Bible study. I specifically prayed that God would guide me to the scriptures that would be beneficial for ME to memorize… I hope + pray that they prove beneficial for you to memorize, as well.
In this download you will receive a printable bookmark and a printable card with the following scriptures:
- Week 1 – Genesis 1:1
- “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.”
- Week 2 – Job 5:17-18
- But consider the joy of those corrected by God! Do not despise the discipline of the Almighty when you sin. 18 For though he wounds, he also bandages. He strikes, but his hands also heal.
- Week 3 – Job 19:25
- “But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last.”
- Week 4 – Genesis 49:10
- The scepter will not depart from Judah, nor the ruler’s staff from his descendants, until the coming of the one to whom it belongs, the one whom all nations will honor.
- Week 5 – Exodus 3:2
- “There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in a blazing fire from the middle of a bush. Moses stared in amazement. Though the bush was engulfed in flames, it didn’t burn up.”