Every year, I feel like it gets harder to find that perfect gift for those I love. You’d think that the longer I know them, the easier it would be to find something that they will truly use and enjoy. But, no… it simply doesn’t work that way. I suppose that’s because I don’t want to give them what I consider to be “safe” gifts– a candle, new lotion, a scarf. I want to give them something that exudes thoughtfulness and let’s the recipient know that I chose it just for them.
I’ll admit– I’ve done okay with a few of the people on my list. I’ve gotten my daughter a gift that’s going to create more quality time together for the two of us. Since that’s her absolute favorite thing, I know that’s she’s going to be head over heels excited when she opens it. We’re also gifting one super lucky family member with a new smartphone, which I am particularly excited about. The best part is that we’ve decided to pair it with the fabulous mobile security available from Norton.
Mobile and smartphone security is something that I feel many people are still quite unfamiliar with, even though we live in a world where content on the go is truly king. In fact, 58 percent of U.S. consumers used smartphones and 42 percent used tablets to shop during Cyber Monday 2012.
These days, the phone is so much more than just a phone. In the past month alone, we have used our smartphones to check our bank balance, pay bills, place an online order, verify credit card purchases, and buy apps. Did you notice how many times that our personal information was potentially unsecured? A lot.
The sad thing is that more than 1/3 of smartphone users have experienced mobile cybercrime. That number is pretty astounding to me.
That’s where Norton comes in.
When Norton comes to mind, I usually think of virus protection. However, Norton Mobile Security offers so much more than that, including phone location protection and information back-up. Let’s take a look at just some of what it can do:
- Protect all your devices with one easy-to-use, web-based service
- Pinpoint the location of a lost or stolen device
- Display a customized lost notice to anyone who might find your phone
- Remotely lock a lost or stolen phone so strangers cannot use it
- Remotely wipe your device so personal information stays private
- Block fraudulent websites attempting to trick you into revealing personal information
- Instantly lock your phone if the SIM card is removed so it cannot be used with another card
- Constant back-up in case you accidentally delete information or you get a new phone
- Share contacts across your devices
- Identify and remove apps that contain malware
- Reduce spam by blocking unwanted calls and texts
- Scan SD cards for threats when you plug them in
That is a lot of ways that Norton Mobile Security can work for you… and that’s not even all that it can do!
When you think of all that you use your phone for and all that is truly at stake, then smartphone security becomes less of an option and more of a necessity… which is why we’ve added it to our mobile devices and will be gifting it with the device we are giving to a loved one this holiday season.
The best part is that right now you can try this awesome service for FREE. Norton knows their service is great and I do, too. Now, you can see for yourself just how much it can do.
I also want to take a minute to mention the Norton Hotspot Privacy that is also available. As someone who used a mobile hotspot as my primary means of getting online for well over a year, this is something I was especially interested in. This handy service can:
- Protect against online identity theft
- Keep user names, passwords and other personal information safe
- Eliminate eavesdropping on your Wi-Fi session
- Prevent hacking
As with the mobile security service, this is one “extra” that I feel like is completely necessary. The great news is that I also have a free trial available for this!
This holiday season, as you’re wrapping beautiful new gadgets to put under the tree, please consider protecting them and the users with the mobile security available from Norton. To find out more and see the many ways Norton can work for you, I invite you to connect with them on Facebook and twitter.
You can also stop by one of the Norton truck Tour Stops for a firsthand look at this amazing technology:
La Jolla, CA at Westfield UTC Mall from December 12 – 15
San Antonio, TX at La Cantera Mall from December 19 – 22
- CES Conference in Las Vegas, NV from January 7 – 10