We are wrapping up our fourth week of homeschool. It’s been hard, wonderful, time-consuming, worthwhile… and did I mention hard? I absolutely love that I have the ability and determination to teach my daughter, but it has definitely been an adjustment. We’re settling into what works best for us and finally finding a balance between school and every other aspect of life.
From day one, I would wake Raileigh up half an hour before school was to begin for the day. That gave her enough time to eat breakfast and get dressed for school. However, during that time I didn’t sit down to eat with her. I am busy running around, trying to make sure everything is in place for our day of learning.
Then, it would be a good two hours before our lunch break and my stomach was rumbling. Just as children cannot learn as well or be as attentive on an empty stomach, I am not as good of a teacher when I am hungry. Instead of thinking about what we’re doing, my mind would often wander to how hungry I was!
Even though I don’t always have time to sit down to a multi-course breakfast, I do need to start the day off right and eat something.
That’s why I was excited to hear about belVita. belVita is a line of breakfast biscuits that come pre-packaged for convenience and are a perfect grab-and-go breakfast for busy moms.
The original belVita offerings are crunchy and are available in five flavors. Recently, though, two soft baked version were added– Mixed Berry and Oats & Chocolate. I got to try out both of these!
Each package contains 5 biscuits– the perfect amount for your hectic weekdays! Here’s a little bit more about belVita Soft Baked Breakfast Biscuits.
- 20% Daily Value of Fiber (contains 7 grams of fat per serving)
- 11 grams of Whole Grain per 50 gram serving
- Good Source of Energy Releasing B-vitamins
- No High Fructose Corn Syrup
- No Partially Hydrogenated Oil
- No Artificial Colors, Flavors or Sweeteners
Upon opening the package, I discovered that belVita Breakfast Biscuits were BIGGER and tastier than I anticipated– such a welcome surprise! I especially like the Oats & Chocolate Soft Baked Biscuits. But then again, I do have a thing for chocolate!
Additionally, belVita has partnered with Lifestyle Mom, Dana Hilmer, to offer you some tips to relive stress during back-to-school season.
- It’s important to schedule down time for you and your family. Before signing your kids up for this year’s after-school activities, think about your family’s priorities and the impact each activity will have on your schedules.
- It’s just as important for you to have a tasty, healthy breakfast as it is for your kids. Perfect for eating on the go, belVita Soft Baked Breakfast Biscuits come in two varieties, Mixed Berry and Oats & Chocolate, grab a banana and a latte and you’re good to go with nutritious morning energy.
- Take a little time each night to get organized for the following morning. By making lunches and selecting outfits before bed each night, you’ll free time each morning for other things.
- Be sure to keep healthy snacks in the kitchen for after-school snacking. Nuts, crackers and fruit are great to give kids right when they walk in the door to keep them from grazing on unhealthy snacks, or spoiling their appetites for dinner.
- Moms often complain about not having enough time for themselves, but when life gets busy, it’s even more important to carve out that time. Treat “me time” as a priority.
- Start a to-do list with three sections: the priority of the day for yourself, the priority of the day for your family and the priority of the day for your work. Start with these items, and only move on to other less important items once they’re done.
- Use Sunday nights to plan your dinners each week. If you take a few minutes to think about how you can creatively use the leftovers from one night to the next, you can create a full week’s worth of healthy, tasty dinners that your family will enjoy.
- Give yourself the freedom to say no without guilt. Activities or commitments that may not be right for your family are okay to decline. Saying NO gives you the permission to say YES to things that are important to you.
- Back-to-school season is also cold and flu season. You can keep your entire family healthy with these simple habits: eating well, getting enough rest and washing hands regularly.
- Create a network of support for yourself. This network looks different for everyone. Consider asking your partner and kids for support. They can be a great help with tasks you feel comfortable handing over.
These are very important tips to remember to help make this time of transition go as smoothly as possible for your family. I just recently instituted tip #3 in my house and it’s made a huge difference. It may not seem like such a big deal, but laying Raileigh’s clothes out the night before really does help our mornings go a little better.
As you’re readjusting to like back at school, don’t forget to start the morning off by eating breakfast. belVita Breakfast Biscuits just might be that perfect tasty and convenient solution you’ve been searching for.
Connect with belVita to learn more: