Delicious Homemade Cinnamon Applesauce {In the Cuisinart Prep 9™ 9-Cup Food Processor}

disclosure generic review 4 homemade-cinnamon-applesauce

When I was pregnant with Raileigh, a friend brought some apples to work that he insisted I absolutely must try.  It felt a bit dramatic because I have always thought that apples are just apples.

That’s the day I learned how very wrong I was.  The pink lady apple that he gave me was hands down the absolute best apple I had ever eaten.

I immediately went out and bought more.  I could not get enough of these sweet, crisp apples.  Since then, almost every last one of my apple purchase have been pink ladies.  Raileigh is just as smitten with them as I am, turning her nose up at all other apples.

Then one day, approximately a month ago, my grocery store was completely out of pink lady apples.  I was looking for a suitable replacement and they recommended Koru apples.

Oh. my. goodness.

These apples just might be the end-all, be-all of apples.  They are crispier and tastier than every other apple variety I have ever eaten– even my beloved pink ladies.

They do cost slightly more than most other apples, but take my word for it that they are worth every cent.

food-processor-applesauce

Recently, we used our new favorite apples to create some easy homemade applesauce.  By using our Cuisinart Prep 9™ 9-Cup Food Processor  the process was quick and the end results were amazing.

Ingredients:

• 3 apples, any variety {Koru recommended} peeled and chopped
  • 1 tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon {more or less according to your tastes}
  • optional: 1/2 tbsp. raw sugar

Fit your Cuisinart Prep 9™ 9-Cup Food Processor with the chopping blade.  Add all ingredients into bowl.  Turn on food processor and watch as your fresh apples become delicious homemade applesauce.  You will need to pause periodically to scrape down the insides of the bowl.  Continue until you have a smooth consistency.

homemade-applesauce

You can serve immediately or chill in the fridge before serving.

Consider garnishing with additional fresh apple slices.  You can actually treat the applesauce as a dip and use the apple slices in lieu of a spoon!

What is your favorite thing to make in your food processor?

19 comments

1. Stacey Roberson says:

This applesauce looks delicious! I love cinnamon. So anything with the addition of cinnamon will definitely be a favorite of mine.

2. Georgia Beckman says:

Pink ladies are delicious. I have only made applesauce one time & didn’t like it. But I’ll bet if I tried with the pink lady I’d like it. Thanks for sharing!

3. Wanda McHenry says:

This is an interesting version of applesauce. I’ve always cooked the apples, I’ll have to try this because I’m very curious. Also, I’ll have to look for the Koru apple because I love trying new types of apples.

4. Amanda Leonardi says:

Yum! I absolutely love applesauce and remember the days of helping my mom make applesauce in the kitchen. We always cooked ours, so if I ever get a food processor, I will have to try this uncooked version!

5. ColleenMarie says:

we make this all the time, blueberry applesauce, strawberry applesauce, raspberry applesauce. Pretty much any berry and apples is good!

6. April Yedinak says:

I never heard of Koru apples. Now, I want to try them. I love homemade applesauce, but I haven’t had any in years. I should really try making some myself.

7. Cheryl says:

Love this idea and so easy. I do not own a food processor, but want one. I didn’t know you could do this in it.

8. Crystal A. says:

Oooh applesauce is yummy! I’ll have to try the apples you have suggested…they just sound too good to pass up. I don’t have a food processor…just a food chopper.

9. Sue Hull says:

I’ve never heard of either of those apples.Next time I go to the store I’m definitely going to be looking for them. I’ve also never had homemade apple sauce but I’m going to have to try this too. I always buy fuji apples and they’re so good. It looks like it’s time for me to try some different apples. I’m glad I read this wonderful post. Thank you :)

10. Austin Baroudi says:

My daughter would love this! Applesauce is her favorite! As for my favorite thing to make with a processor, a watermelon cooler would win by default being the only thing I’ve ever made with one.