I am so excited for the return of Taste of Atlanta this year. This delicious festival is returning to Midtown Atlanta for the eleventh year in a weekend that promises to be filled with amazing food and a whole lot of fun!
The festival opens with The Big Grill: Grills Gone Wild on Friday evening. Attendees can enjoy all-inclusive access to the city’s best grilled grub, chilled cocktails, beer and wine. Yacht Rock Schooner will perform while attendees sample bites from some of Atlanta’s most renowned chefs including Ford Fry, Kevin Rathbun, Jay Swift and more. All tickets sold for this event will benefit Georgia Organics.
On Saturday and Sunday, more than 80 of Atlanta’s favorite restaurants and most exciting chefs serve up their specialties at this year’s festival. From international cuisine to under-the-radar eats, Taste of Atlanta spotlights the incredible energy and diversity of Atlanta’s shining food scene.
Each ticket to the festival includes “Taste Tickets” that can be used to try the cuisine of your choice from the participating restaurants. Everything at the festival costs either 1, 2, or 3 Taste Tickets. If you happen to run out, there are always more tickets available for just $1 each.
In addition to the yummy food, there are some great events going on during Taste of Atlanta.
· Barcraft Competition – It’s back! Guests can channel their inner mixologist and sample cocktails from Atlanta’s best bartenders as they compete for the top spot. Open to VIP ticket holders only.
· Family Food Zone – Step right up for demos and cooking lessons from national and local chefs in an interactive environment. Returning to the lineup this year, the Top Chef Kids Competition offers hands-on experience for chefs in training.
· Inside the Food Studio – Experience the fascinating world of the professional chef to discover secrets of the craft. Returning for its third year, this intimate experience is hosted by Tom Sullivan. Patrons can enjoy beverages and bites while learning valuable cooking skills and insight into the Atlanta restaurant scene. Whether highlighting the most unique condiments or Atlanta’s top spots for midnight munchies, this behind-the-scenes look offers unrivaled insight into the professional kitchen.
· Grill Dome –Kamado Grills are bringing the heat to this year’s festival. With demonstrations throughout the day, local grill-masters can watch as chefs cook up their specialties on these amazing ceramic grills.
· The Kitchen Workshop – Hosted by Mara Davis, The Kitchen Workshop is a hands-on cooking experience offering patrons a unique and enriching opportunity to learn how to create delicious dishes in their own kitchen. A wide range of classes and instructors provide the ideal interaction for patrons to enjoy themselves and learn interesting twists on basic cooking concepts and techniques. Open to VIP ticket holders only.
· Home Plate Main Stage – This year, get ready for a throw down. Renowned chefs battle it out and go head-to-head on the main stage. These culinary craftsmen tackle secret ingredients, themed challenges, unique recipes and more.
· Barnes & Noble Bookstore – Stroll through this tent to pick up the latest copies of today’s most popular cookbooks and other food-related titles. Check out the cookbook signing schedule to meet notable chefs like Adam Roberts, Kathleen Flinn and more.
I am excited to tell you that Darren and I will be at the festival on Saturday, October 6. We already have a list of yummy things we want to try while there! If you’ll be attending Taste of Atlanta as well, let me know! I would love to say “hi”!
General Admission tickets are $25 in advance and $35 at the festival. The General Admission Ticket admits one and includes 10 Taste Coupons. Kids 13 and under receive free admission when accompanied by a paid adult. Taste coupons are needed to sample food items.
Stay tuned next week when I will be back to let you know all about Taste of Atlanta— the festival, the food, and the fun we had.
Disclosure: I received no monetary compensation for this post. I am receiving admission to the festival in order to cover the event and share my thoughts with you.