Do you have any plans for Easter Weekend?
I do, and I could not be more thrilled about them! My family and I will be spending the weekend at one of the most beautiful places I know– Callaway Gardens. This weekend is known as Renewal Weekend and is part of their five week Celebrate Spring! event.
Renewal Weekend has so much to offer, and there are a variety of Easter and Spring related activities for you and your family to enjoy.
- Easter Egg Hunts, and photos with the Easter Bunny: Saturday, 2-4:30 p.m., Overlook Azalea Garden
- Face Painting: Saturday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., Overlook Azalea Garden
- Easter Sunrise Service: Sunday, 7:30 a.m., Gardens Lawn
Special Dining Opportunities
– Gardens Restaurant: Lunch specials, Saturday, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
– Country Kitchen: Lunch specials, Saturday-Sunday, 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m.
– Gardens Restaurant: Easter lunch, Sunday, 11:30-3 p.m.
– Plant Room and Mountain Creek Ballrooms: Easter buffets, Sunday, 11:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Guest Food Vendors
– Pretzel Haus: Saturday-Sunday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Meadowlark Garden
– Chick-fil-A: Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Overlook Azalea Garden
- Spring Topiary Displays, featuring bunnies, eggs, chicks and more: Friday-Sunday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Sibley Horticultural Center
- Easter Lily Displays: Friday-Sunday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Sibley Horticultural Center
Nature Films at the Callaway Discovery Center Auditorium
– “The Secret World of Bats,” 11 a.m. (48 minutes)
– “Eyewitness Mammals,” 1 p.m. (35 minutes)
– “How Birds Eat,” 2:30 p.m. (37 minutes)
– “Eyewitness Insects,” 4 p.m. (25 minutes)
Of course, all of this is being offered in addition to the usual garden attractions such as the Birds of Prey Show, Cecil B. Day Butterfly Center, TreeTop Adventure, and a plethora of other things.
Additionally, the garden is in full bloom right now! It is alive with color as thousands of azaleas and other spring plants come to life. Check out the azalea watch for up-to-date photos of the what is currently blooming in the gardens.
I want to invite all of you to come down to Callaway Gardens and join me for Renewal in the Gardens this Easter Weekend. You can come for the day or stay overnight and enjoy one of the spectacular Celebrate Spring! packages they offer.
Regardless of what you decide, I can assure you that your time at the gardens will be beautiful, peaceful, and the absolute perfect way to spend the holiday weekend with your family.