First of all, thank you all for sticking around during our somewhat long and unexplained hiatus. The truth is– we have both been burned out. I guess that two extra long blog events chock full of more sponsors than we ever dreamed will do that to you.
We have been considering for some time the possibility of redirecting this blog. It has strayed from the original vision I had for it… and in all actuality, that vision has changed with time. So, I have sat down and thought long and hard about what I want this blog to be. I want to share some of these ideas for you so that you will know what to expect from Wee Share in 2011.
- NO MORE giant, month long PLUS blog events!– We absolutely cannot handle being committed to one event with well over one hundred sponsors in the course of a month. Everything outside of blogging winds up taking a back seat, and we wind up not enjoying it. Plus, who really has time to enter that many giveaways!?
- Week Long Events with a more Direct Theme– Week long events we can handle! I have done several in the past (remember Cupcake Craze and Celebrate Camping?). These events will feature a more specific topic (such as sewing, maybe a second cupcake craze, children’s books, etc.). They will also not JUST be about reviews and giveaways. We will include other posts to support the event and will most likely be bringing in some guest bloggers as well.
- LESS Reviews and Giveaways– Have you noticed that almost every single post is a review, giveaway, or both? Though I have always wanted that to be a part of this blog, I definitely did not want it to be the ONLY thing I posted about! So, the number of reviews and/ or giveaways that you see will be reduced. However, they will still be here, we will just be even more selective about the products we decided to feature.
- More CRAFTY themed posts– Crafting is our passion. Angela and I love different crafts, but we both love creating immensely. There are so many things that each of us make which we don’t share with you here. That is all going to change. In fact, I have sewn several garments for Raileigh since the year began. I want to share them with you soon… as soon as this ice melts and I can take her outside for some pictures! We also have some tutorials in the works for you, so keep your eyes peeled for those.
- More FAMILY posts– You have seen these here and there, but not often. The truth is, family is truly where the heart is. Angela and I both want to do a better job of sharing our families with you. We take so many pictures of adventures we have together, and want to share the joy of togetherness with all of you readers.
- More Free and Cheap Local Events Listed– I am always looking for interesting free and cheap things to do with my family. I am sure many of you do the same thing. For those of you who live in the Atlanta area– I am going to start posting more frequently when I find a great free or cheap activity to do. That way, you can enjoy them as well and we might actually get to meet face to face!
So, that is where I am at right now. I’d love to hear your thoughts and would be excited to know if there is anything you would like to see on Wee Share that I have not listed here. It’s nice to be back refocused and I look forward to sharing many things with you in 2011.