21 months, that is. It is truly amazing how quickly time passes us by. I am past feeling like “It was just yesterday when I brought her home from the hospital”. But, it doesn’t feel like it’s been a whole TWENTY-ONE months!
Look at how much she’s grown. The picture on the top was taken about 2.5 hours after she was born. The one on the bottom was taken while she was playing outside a few days ago. She’s not a baby anymore. She really is little lady.
I thought I’d share with you some of the interesting moments in the life of Raileigh this week. She always keeps me laughing, and she certainly always keeps me on my toes!
- Darren was talking about cutting the grass. He was saying how fast our “flowers” (aka weeds) had grown. For the next several hours, Raileigh kept saying “Oh no! Yellow Flowers” as if she was concerned that Darren was going to take them all away.
- We were all riding in the car together. A song came on the radio that Darren and I knew. We started singing to it. I looked back at Raileigh and she had covered her ears.
- Raileigh’s new favorite color is “blue one”. I have been working on colors with her using flashcards. I ask her, “Where is the ___ one?”, inserting a random color into the blank. Well, it seems that the one stuck with blue and anytime she sees anything blue, she yells “blue one!”
- Raileigh has started saying please a lot whenever she wants anything. I am so happy how well she is doing with manners. When she says please, she clasps her hands together in front of her. It’s about the cutest thing I have ever seen… and absolutely impossible to say no to!
- Whenever someone sneezes, we have taught Raileigh to say Bless You. She decided this applied to coughs as well, and has started fake coughing to try and get us to tell her Bless You.
- Raileigh was eating some Cheez-Its in the car earlier today. She handed me the baggie and told me she was done. Darren picked it up and started eating some. She said “No, mine!”. I gave it back to her, thinking she was still hungry. She wasn’t. I guess she just didn’t want to share with Daddy!