Welcome to Fabulous Friday here at Wee Share! I am VERY excited about today because I have worked very hard all week to complete this project to share! This is my very first mini album that I have ever created, and I really like it!
For this tutorial, I am going to share with you how I covered my chipboard pieces. To me, the decorating of this mini album was very easy. Covering the chipboard however, not so easy.
Materials to cover chipboard:
- Mini Chipboard Album (I found mine at my local Archivers store!)
- Your choice of six different pieces of paper (I chose bright colors because of the Summer theme this week on Wee Share)
- Mod Podge
- Cutter Bee (Or any paper knife tool, I really love my pink Cutter Bee though!)
- Sand Paper
- Ink Pad of Choice
- Take the chipboard and place it on your patterned paper.
- Trace around the chipboard with your pencil.
- Use your scissors to cut out the traced paper.
- Take Mod Podge and apply a good amount to the chipboard.
- Place the patterned paper on the mod podged chipboard.
- Let Dry.
- After the mod podge dries, use your knife and scissors to trim the paper as close as possible to the chipboard.
- Smooth all the edges with sand paper.
- Take an ink pad and ink all the edges of your chipboard when the sanding process is complete!
- Decorate your beautiful chipboard album!
I’m going to leave you today with pictures of the rest of the album! Just a side note, all of the spaces that have white squares/rectangles are the spots that photos are supposed to be!
I cut the crab out with the Sesame Street Friends Cricut Cartridge. I think this cartridge has the cutest icons on it… and it went great with my summer theme!
To create the “Fun” I used the Once Upon a Princess Cartridge. I really love the flowers on the side of this cut!
I made the Sunny Days phrase with the DonJuan cartridge. The sun behind the phrase was cut out with my Sesame Street Friends Cartridge.
This love was cut out with the Home Accents Cricut Cartridge. I also really like the ribbon used here, which is self adhesive. I just think the whole concept of self adhesive ribbon is fabulous!
I cut the I heart u with the Mini Monograms Cricut Cartridge. I love this cartridge for the adorable letters that it comes with. However, there is so much more that this cartridge has to offer. Such as tags and phrases.
I hope you enjoyed Fabulous Friday! Come back Monday for Mini Monday!
Next Week’s Theme: 4Th of July!
Do you like my work? Feel free to visit my Etsy shop, where all of my projects can be found!
Have a specific project in mind? I would be happy to help with embellishments, layouts, cards etc! Just shoot me an email with your ideas and I will be happy to lend a hand.